Adobe InDesign CS3 — How to set up Adobe InDesign CS3 files for a commercial printing company.Home — TheInternetPrinter > Preparing files > InDesign CS3 — How to set up Adobe InDesign CS3 files for a commercial printing company.
InDesign CS3 — How to outline text
Adobe InDesign has the easiest system for setting up files.
Just choose "File", and then choose "New", and you will get a screen that is similar to the below image.
First. Set up the file's size. This is the size of the finished job.
Second. Set up the size of the safety margin.
- Business cards and appontment cards have a safety margin of 5mm on each edge.
- All other files have a safety margin of 7mm on each edge.
You will then be presented with an image that is similar to the below screen shot.
You can create your artwork, and when you do, consider the following:
- First. All background colours and images must go all the way to the red bleed line.
- Second. The finished size of your file is represented by the black line.
- Third. Keep all importabt text and images inside the magenta safety margin line.
Have a look at the below picture. You should be able to see the following:
- The background colours and images go all the way to the bleed lines. this part of the file was created correctly.
- The important text is NOT within the safety margin line. This is not the correct thing to do — the text should have been kept within the magentta safety margin box.